Turmeric is an extremely helpful spice that has been often used in the Indian and Chinese medicine because of its powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Particularly, it has been used in the remedies of chest pain, jaundice, bloody urine, flatulence, hemorrhage, colic, menstrual difficulties, toothache, and bruises.
Experts believe that many of the incredibly useful properties of this spice are because of its active ingredient, curcumin. The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric have been proven to be even stronger than medicines you can buy over the counter- like Motrin.
However, unlike these pharmaceuticals, this pure spice causes no side- effects.
This capacity of turmeric has been used in order to deal with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) like ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s. Moreover, turmeric has also been found to be able to treat the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and is extremely helpful in the case of cystic fibrosis.
Moreover, this yellow spice can also be extremely effective in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease, it reduces the bad cholesterol, it promotes heart health and lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke, and it is beneficial for the liver as well.
Moreover, turmeric successfully prevents cancer and inhibits cancer metastasis and growth.
Turmeric can be used in numerous different ways, as follows:
- Joint Ache– Mix Himalayan salt with turmeric in a ratio 1:2 and add a little water. Then, apply the prepared paste on the affected area and leave it to act for 20 minutes. Repeat this every day and you will successfully treat joint ache. Turmeric could leave a yellow color to the skin, however it will also effectively reduce the swelling.
- Disinfect Small Cuts and Wounds– Apply turmeric on a well-cleaned wound before you wrap the bandage.
- Natural Pain Killer
- Reduce Stomach Ache– Turmeric could significantly alleviate the stomachache.
- Longevity Tea– Prepare a turmeric tea and enrich its taste with honey or ginger, and you will enjoy all the benefits of the turmeric and you will prevent quite a few diseases and health conditions.
- Natural Food Coloring in Baking– You will need a bit of turmeric to color the food you are preparing.
- Antacid– In order to cure the heartburn, you need to prepare a tea by adding a teaspoon of turmeric to 4 cups of boiling water
- Anti-Dandruff Salve– Massage the scalp with a mixture of coconut oil and turmeric. Leave it to act for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- Glowing skin– Combine ⅓ teaspoon of turmeric, with 1 whisked egg white, and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, apply it on the face and rinse it after 10-15 minutes.
- Sunburn relief– To be able to soothe the burnt skin, you need to apply a mixture of turmeric and aloe Vera gel.
- Teeth Whitener– Turmeric is excellent for whitening the teeth! Combine a teaspoon of turmeric, 3 tablespoons of softened coconut oil, and 2 teaspoons baking soda in order to prepare a paste and use it to brush your teeth as usually.
- Foundation– You can add this spice to tinted moisturizer in order to match the tone of your skin.
- Facial Mask for Dark circles, Acne, Rosacea– prepare a natural paste by mixing a teaspoon of water, a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of turmeric. Apply this facial mask on the face, leave it to act for 3 minutes and rinse afterward.
- Chemical Free Tie-dye– Add five tablespoons of turmeric to pot ¾ full of water and bring it to boil. Then, leave it to simmer, add the wet material in the pot and leave it to simmer for about 1 hour. Afterward, dry it and your material is successfully colored!
- Homemade Soap Coloring– Turmeric is great for the skin and it additionally provides color to the skin.
- Bake a cake– Turmeric is also very useful in cooking.
- Homemade Putty Coloring for Children– You need to mix salt, oil, flour, water, and cream of tartar, and add beets for red, and turmeric for yellow.
- Add to your dishes –This spice will add an excellent color to meals, especially curry, it will spice up the popcorn and will enrich the eggs! You can simply add it everywhere you like!