When your tooth nerve is irritated, you’re more than likely to experience tooth pain or aches.
The irritation of your nerve can be caused by:
- Loss of a tooth
- Dental decay
- Cracked teeth
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Gum disease
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Failing or leaking fillings
- Dental infection
- Poorly placed fillings or crowns
This pain can be really discomforting and can prevent you from eating and getting proper rest and sleep.
If you have toothaches it is always better for you to see your dentist. However, it is understandable that this problem may occur at odd times when it becomes difficult or impossible for you to quickly dash to the dentist, when this happens it is good to know simple but effective natural remedies you can try out to relieve the pain and discomfort.
Here is a simple natural remedy you can try at home today.
- Coconut oil — 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic clove powder — 1/2 teaspoon
Importance Of The Ingredients
The garlic clove powder consists of a compound known as eugenol. This compound is an effective analgesic, also coconut oil is important because of its excellent antimicrobial properties.
How to make:
- Get a glass cup.
- Mix the garlic clove powder and coconut oil in the cup until you get a thick paste.
- Put this paste on your toothbrush and apply to your hurting tooth and brush.
- Try this procedure thrice a day for its maximum benefits.