Although many know that rice is highly nutritious, not many are aware that rice water packs its own health benefits. In fact, the medicinal and cosmetic benefits of rice water, or otherwise known as ‘kanji’, have been known and used since ancient time.
Begin with, kanji or rice water is abundant in carbohydrates, thus a great source of energy, which your body produces by breaking down carbohydrates. Plus, rice water is packed with fiber, which promotes regular bowel movements, whereas the starch stimulates the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, thus improving your overall digestive function.
Aside from boosting your health on the inside, kanji can do wonders for your appearance as well. In fact, you can easily obtain healthy hair and skin by mixing these two low-cost ingredients – water and rice.
Why You Should Never Throw Rice Water Again
- It treats indigestion and improves digestive system function
- It boosts energy levels
- It reduces high blood pressure
- It prevents cancer
- It prevents and treats constipation
- It regulates body temperature
- You can use it instead of a face tonic
- Washing your face with rice water makes your skin cleaner and softer
- Rinsing your hair with rice water significantly improves its quality
- It reduces pores on your face
How to make:
Cook the rice in a little more water than you would normally do if you were just cooking rice for lunch. Strain the water and let it cool off. You can drink it hot or cold, depending on your taste. Optionally, you can sweeten it with some honey or stevia.
Use warm rice water to rinse your face and hair.